We are ever grateful at this time of year for so many things!
Here is our TOP 10 list for Thanksgiving:
- Our Clients! We couldn’t do any of what we do without the amazing people that come into this office! First off we thank YOU!
- Our Staff! With a few changes over the past year we couldn’t be more proud than the staff we have at Germain Dermatology. From the office to the doctors we truly have the best.
- Our City! We are blessed to be practicing in such a beautiful, historic place. Charleston is an involved, giving city and we love being here.
- Technology! Yes, it may sound silly, but we are grateful for the many advances in dermatological technology and IT Technology. Each of these allows us to offer the best solutions and simplest visits for our patients.
- Our Growth! Even in a less than ideal economy we have been lucky enough to continue to grow- including a new website, updated products and more clinic hours.
- Education! All of our staff not only continues their education with conferences, trainings and seminars, but also strives to learn more each day- which keeps us on top of our game for each of YOU!
- The Ability to Give Back! With all our blessings we feel it is very important to give back to our community. We have been lucky enough to be able to participate in community health fairs (offering free cancer screenings), charity auctions, and much more.
- Awareness! With campaigns such as SPOT Orange the awareness of skin cancer and yearly skin screenings is on the rise. Unfortunately, Skin Cancer cases are still on the rise as well. Our hope is with this push in awareness we can begin to bring those statistics down.
- FUN! We are very thankful to be able to have fun with our staff and our clients throughout the year. With events like our CoolSculpting Nights, Sparkle Party, and more we are able to get to know our patients on a different level and have fun while sharing the things we love!
Our Families! We can’t leave out all those who help us ‘behind the scenes’ of Germain Dermatology. Those that listen to our exciting new additions, pour us a glass of wine on hard days, and keep us smiling and motivated every day throughout the year.
We wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving with loved ones and thankful hearts. We truly are thankful for so many things- and it is in large part because of YOU!
Put your best face forward this holiday season with one of our revitalizing microdermabrasion treatments. Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment that gently exfoliates your skin. The results will leave you with smoother, brighter and more even skin tone- with no down time!
There are many over the counter microdermabrasion products, but the microdermabrasion that a dermatologist performs goes a bit deeper into the skin making it more effective.
We offer two Microdermabrasion options:
SilkPeel® Dermalinfusion™ is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure. The only technology to provide simultaneous exfoliation, evacuation, and the delivery of condition-specific topicals, SilkPeel offers advanced skin care for almost every skin type and condition. SilkPeel is customizable and can treat skin conditions such as acne, aging, pigmentation and other common ailments affecting the skin. This clinically proven treatment offers immediate results with no downtime and in only 40 minutes. Silk Peel is great as a stand-alone treatment, for pre-event, or as a way to optimize your laser treatments.
The DermaSweep™ treatment uses soft bristles to gently exfoliate the skin with simultaneous delivery of skin specific topical solutions. The topical solutions are formulated to treat acne, dehydration, hyperpigmentation and other common skin ailments. DermaSweep is ideal for patients with more sensitive skin types.
If you are concerned about a dull complexion, uneven skin tone or texture, age spots, dark spots or melasma come visit us for treatment today- with plenty of time to look amazing in those holiday photos!
This Year’s SPARKLE Party was beyond Amazing and we couldn’t say that if it weren’t for each of you! Thank you for joining in on our fun and coming in to see us! We hope you enjoyed!
Here are some of our favorite moments from the day!
Dr. Germain loved getting to see so many patients!
PA Holly hard at work, helping a guest.
We like to work in style!
Hustle and Bustle of Great skin care!
JANE IREDALE Makeup Consultations were a huge hit!
Everyone loved the raffles!
PA Louisa directing guests in the direction of flawless skin!
Lots of great deals!
Taking a little break!
This time of year everyone begins to stress about holiday eating and the lovely pounds that come with it. How much can you gain and be ok with, how much do you need to loose before the family feast arrives… it’s an ongoing battle and you’re not in it alone.
But, did you realize that being (medically) overweight could actually increase your acne? According to Allure Magazine
, “In a study of 2,878 volunteers, all ages 18 or 19, researchers found that women (but not men) who had a BMI over 25 were significantly more likely to have moderate to severe acne than those who had a BMI less than 25, even after accounting for differences in diet… The link did not appear to be influenced by mental distress (which is known to affect both skin and body weight).”
“The most recent study highlighting a link was published this month in The Archives of Dermatology and included roughly 3,600 teenagers. The researchers looked closely at their weight and its relation to their skin, factoring in several variables that could also play a role, including age, puberty and diet. High-sugar junk foods like candy and soda are not only linked to weight gain, for example, but are also known to worsen acne.”
“Researchers have proposed several explanations for the link. One is that an excess of androgens caused by obesity provokes acne.” (Testosterone, for example is an androgen.)
“As for why girls would be more greatly affected than boys, it is possible that having bad skin and being overweight cause them greater psychological strain, which in turn prompts the release of stress hormones that only worsen the problem, some researchers suggest.” NewYork Times Well Blog
, by Anahad O’Connor.
Maybe a little food for thought to be a touch more conservative with the holiday goodies? Over-eating, and eating badly, doesn’t just affect your muffin top- it can also have serious health effects as well as possibly increasing your acne.
If you suffer from moderate to severe acne we suggest you come in to see Dr.Germain or our PAs for a consultation. They can help find a link to what causes your acne, and how to control it. There may be many factors that contribute to your break-outs, and we will get to the bottom of it!