Alright ladies, lets get real. Childbirth and aging, including menopause and bladder incontinence, is a badge of honor and a reason for much respect amongst women, however, like our faces, the vaginal area is not a place we want to reflect our past.
Dr. Germain and Germain Dermatology is excited to be the first in Charleston to introduce the ThermiVa treatment. The ThermiVa is cutting edge technology for vaginal rejuvenation. Using radio frequency energy sent to the desired area (internally or externally) it heats the tissue and stimulates the body’s own collagen. ThermiVa is performed in three treatments over the course of three months. Much like the offered ThermiTight treatment there is little to no discomfort or downtime making it the ideal treatment for the delicate vaginal area.
Curious? Here is a recent testimonial from a Germain Dermatology ThermiVa patient:
I was so excited to be a candidate for the ThermiVA treatment at Dr. Germain’s office. My main concern was for mild to moderate bladder leakage. Lauren, the Technician performing the treatment, was very informative and made me feel comfortable during the treatment.
The treatment itself was not painful at all, just warmth as the treatment was being performed.
I have had my first treatment, and have already seen a difference with no leaking when I sneeze or cough, tightening on the outside of the vagina, as well as increased sexual sensation. Both my Husband and I are looking forward to my next 2 treatments and my overall results.
Call Germain Dermatology today to schedule your first ThermiVa treatment: 843-881-4440.
For before and after photos click here.
*Must be over 18 to view.
You ask and we’ll answer!
@ThoughtsofHillary tweeted and asked:
“If you could recommend only ONE topical treatment that’s most beneficial for anti-aging what would it be and why?”
“Sun Block, for sure!! Using a sunblock with good quality zinc oxide and strong/active antioxidants is the best way to slow down the aging process. The second would be retinol but since I can only pick one, sunblock it is!!!” ~ Dr. Marguerite Germain
Germain Dermatology is excited to be the first in the Lowcountry to introduce the ThermiTight procedure. Dr. Germain and Dr. McGowan IV have been extensively training on and researching this procedure for months and are excited to bring it, and its results, to Charleston.
ThermiTight™ is a non-surgical, minimally invasive alternative for skin tightening. It uses radio frequency to stimulate collagen production beneath the skin, which improves sagging and smooths out texture. This innovative technology not only improves the current condition of trouble areas such as the neck, but also helps maintain healthy skin condition and firmness.
During the procedure the doctor delivers radio frequency energy into the area through gentle movements, which heats the subdermal tissue to a specific internal temperature. Most procedures last last less than an hour, and are followed up with a gentle wrap.
As for downtime post-ThermiTight treatment, you should be able to resume normal activities as early as the next day.
Call Germain Dertmaology today to scheudle your consult for ThermiTight today:
Is your acne aggravated during the Summer? Suffering unusual break-outs with the heat? Here are some reason why you may be making your acne worse and what to do to stop the break-outs:
– Make sure to use non-comedogenic Sunscreen. Oily and comedogenic sunscreens can clog pores not only on the face but also on the back, chest area and even the buttox causing additional break-outs. Germain Dermatology offers a wide array of sunscreens catered to each skin type.
– Don’t let sweat sit. Always wipe away areas of sweat (like the forehead) with a clean towel or damp cloth, and change out of sweaty clothes promptly to avoid excess break-outs.
– Shy away from heavy foundations. During hotter months when sweating increases it is best to use a light mineral based makeup to help prevent clogging of pores and bacteria. Dr. Germain recommends Colorescience’s Sunforgettable Loose Mineral Sunscreen foundation or the Jane Iredale Mineral line (full line available at Germain Dermatology). If you want a heavier foundation opt for those that are 100% oil free.
– Don’t over wash. Even oily skin only needs to be cleansed up to twice daily. Over washing can lead actually lead to more oil production making acne worse.
– Exfoliate. Especially during summer when sweat, dirt and oil is abundant exfoliating once a week with a gentle scrub can help to slough off dead skin that would clog pores, reduce oil and remove deep bacteria. Dr. Germain recommends the Germain Rx Green Tea Scrub or for those who suffer from regular acne the Germain Rx Brightening Polish with micro beads and acne fighting ingredients like Glycolic and Salicylic acids.