For months states have been battling the regulations against polyethylene beads in products due to their resistance to break down after being discarded. All new Germain Rx Brightening Polishes will now contain Microcrystalline Cellulose beads instead- which are biodegradable.
Here’s to amazing skin, using only amazing products!
We always give our BEST to our patients!
The Charleston City Paper, and each of you, has graciously blessed us with the honor of being the Best Dermatologist in Charleston for the ninth year in a row! We are more than ecstatic to have won this recognition, especially in a city known for it’s BEAUTIFUL people. We could not get here without our wonderful patients and supporters- we are speechless.
We are always telling patients and customers what products are best to use for their skin and needs, but what about how to use these products. Many patients go home with a new product and have no idea how to properly use it for the best results.
One of the simplest and most widely used products is face wash. It is easy to assume you know how to wash your face, you’ve been doing it your whole life, however you may be surprised to know there really is a correct, effective, way to wash.
We love these 6 steps to correct washing from our friend, Dr. Jessica Wu
1. Remove eye makeup. If you don’t, it will smear all over your face, work its way into your eyes, and ruin your towels. I use Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, available at drugstores. If you wear contacts, take them out first.
2. Splash with lukewarm water. This will help your cleanser spread over your skin, so you won’t have to use as much. Avoid hot water, which can dry your skin and aggravate rosacea and redness.
3. Use a liquid face wash. Many bar soaps contain sulfates and other strong detergents that make a lot of suds — great for removing grime from dirty hands and feet, but irritating on delicate facial skin. If your skin is dry or sensitive, use a creamy or milky cleanser, like Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream or CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. For normal to oily skin, try a gel or foaming wash, like Olay Foaming Face Wash for Oily/Combination Skin, Orlane Purifying Gel Cleanser, or Clinique Wash Away Gel Cleanser (for very oily skin).
4. For sensitive skin, massage cleanser onto skin with fingertips. For oily, acne-prone, or sun damaged skin, squeeze cleanser onto a facial sponge (like a konjac sponge) or cleansing cloth to help unclog pores and remove dead, dull skin flakes. (If you’re not familiar with them, check out my article on konjac face sponges next week.)
5. Rinse with lukewarm water. Then pat dry with a soft towel; rubbing can redden your face and aggravate breakouts and rashes.
6. If you use a skin-cleansing brush, rinse the brush, detach the head, and let it air-dry between uses. Many of my patients can only use their brush a few times a week, or else they break out in a rash.
We are ever grateful at this time of year for so many things!
Here is our TOP 10 list for Thanksgiving:
- Our Clients! We couldn’t do any of what we do without the amazing people that come into this office! First off we thank YOU!
- Our Staff! With a few changes over the past year we couldn’t be more proud than the staff we have at Germain Dermatology. From the office to the doctors we truly have the best.
- Our City! We are blessed to be practicing in such a beautiful, historic place. Charleston is an involved, giving city and we love being here.
- Technology! Yes, it may sound silly, but we are grateful for the many advances in dermatological technology and IT Technology. Each of these allows us to offer the best solutions and simplest visits for our patients.
- Our Growth! Even in a less than ideal economy we have been lucky enough to continue to grow- including a new website, updated products and more clinic hours.
- Education! All of our staff not only continues their education with conferences, trainings and seminars, but also strives to learn more each day- which keeps us on top of our game for each of YOU!
- The Ability to Give Back! With all our blessings we feel it is very important to give back to our community. We have been lucky enough to be able to participate in community health fairs (offering free cancer screenings), charity auctions, and much more.
- Awareness! With campaigns such as SPOT Orange the awareness of skin cancer and yearly skin screenings is on the rise. Unfortunately, Skin Cancer cases are still on the rise as well. Our hope is with this push in awareness we can begin to bring those statistics down.
- FUN! We are very thankful to be able to have fun with our staff and our clients throughout the year. With events like our CoolSculpting Nights, Sparkle Party, and more we are able to get to know our patients on a different level and have fun while sharing the things we love!
Our Families! We can’t leave out all those who help us ‘behind the scenes’ of Germain Dermatology. Those that listen to our exciting new additions, pour us a glass of wine on hard days, and keep us smiling and motivated every day throughout the year.
We wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving with loved ones and thankful hearts. We truly are thankful for so many things- and it is in large part because of YOU!
This Year’s SPARKLE Party was beyond Amazing and we couldn’t say that if it weren’t for each of you! Thank you for joining in on our fun and coming in to see us! We hope you enjoyed!
Here are some of our favorite moments from the day!
Dr. Germain loved getting to see so many patients!
PA Holly hard at work, helping a guest.
We like to work in style!
Hustle and Bustle of Great skin care!
JANE IREDALE Makeup Consultations were a huge hit!
Everyone loved the raffles!
PA Louisa directing guests in the direction of flawless skin!
Lots of great deals!
Taking a little break!