to everyone who came out to our 2014 Sparkle Party! We had such a great time spreading the glamour of Germain Dermatology to all our fantastic patients and friends. We hope you enjoyed this year’s event as much as we did. Make sure to LIKE us on Facebook to see all the ‘Red Carpet’ photos and shots from the evening!
Here is our TOP 10 list for Thanksgiving:
- Our Clients! We couldn’t do any of what we do without the amazing people that come into this office! First off we thank YOU!
- Our Staff! With a few changes over the past year we couldn’t be more proud than the staff we have at Germain Dermatology. From the office to the doctors we truly have the best.
- Our City! We are blessed to be practicing in such a beautiful, historic place. Charleston is an involved, giving city and we love being here.
- Technology! Yes, it may sound silly, but we are grateful for the many advances in dermatological technology and IT Technology. Each of these allows us to offer the best solutions and simplest visits for our patients.
- Our Growth! Even in a less than ideal economy we have been lucky enough to continue to grow- including a new website, updated products and more clinic hours.
- Education! All of our staff not only continues their education with conferences, trainings and seminars, but also strives to learn more each day- which keeps us on top of our game for each of YOU!
- The Ability to Give Back! With all our blessings we feel it is very important to give back to our community. We have been lucky enough to be able to participate in community health fairs (offering free cancer screenings), charity auctions, and much more.
- Awareness! With campaigns such as SPOT Orange the awareness of skin cancer and yearly skin screenings is on the rise. Unfortunately, Skin Cancer cases are still on the rise as well. Our hope is with this push in awareness we can begin to bring those statistics down.
- FUN! We are very thankful to be able to have fun with our staff and our clients throughout the year. With events like our CoolSculpting Nights, Sparkle Party, and more we are able to get to know our patients on a different level and have fun while sharing the things we love!
Our Families! We can’t leave out all those who help us ‘behind the scenes’ of Germain Dermatology. Those that listen to our exciting new additions, pour us a glass of wine on hard days, and keep us smiling and motivated every day throughout the year.
For most families summer break is officially over ending with the hectic back to school chaos. School supplies, new clothes, meeting with teachers, bed times and early mornings all kick off the beginning of the 2013 school year. No matter what age your kids, there are common issues that arise when the germs begin to flow.
Before the acne gets out of hand talk to a dermatologist about what the right skin care products would be. Everyone’s skin is different and different types of acne are treated in different ways. Make sure to test new products on your own skin or do a test area (small part of the cheek for example) where the skin is less sensitive to reactions before using a treatment.
Impetigo is one of the most common skin infections in children. Impetigo, which is a bacterial infection, is contagious and can be spread to others through close contact or by sharing towels, sheets, clothing, toys, or other items. Scratching can also spread the sores to other parts of the body.