We are so excited (and honored) to be featured on the Charleston Shop Curator !
Enjoy this blurb from Andrea Serrano’s blog “Getting That Healthy Glow at Germain Dermatology“, to read the entire feature click here.
“Being proactive with a skincare regimen, protecting myself from the sun’s harmful rays, and drinking lots of water is how I’m taking on this challenge. Thankfully Germain Dermatology is helping me with that new skincare routine.
Starting with the Skin Tone Enhancement Lotion. This bottle contains botanical ingredients such as Kojic acid, Arbutin, Bearberry and contains green tea and other soothing antioxidants. One of the main ingredients is glyceryl stearate which acts as a lubricant on the skin’s surface, and gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance. It also slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface.
The Advanced Vitamin C Brightening Serum is basically vitamin C in a bottle and helps to brighten and even out skin tone. Using some kind of under eye moisturizer goes without saying these days. The Hydrating Eye Serum with super hydration benefits of Hyaluronic Acid to soothe, smooth, and plump the skin in that much needed area.”
*Photo Courtesy of Clifford Pate
Read what other products Andrea is falling in love with on her blog, Charleston Shop Curator.
Just like our patients our Germain staff suffers from common skin issues, the occasional breakout and even wrinkles! Ever wonder what they do to look so fabulous? Find out on our Staff Blog post. Each month we will feature a different staff member their favorite products, routines, skin care battles and more.
Antioxidant Toning Pads
Advanced Vitamin C Brightening Serum
Matte Perfection Tinted Sunscreen
Advanced Vitamin C Brightening Serum
Favorite other Product:
“I have done my underarms so far and absolutely LOVE IT! I definitely plan to do more!”
& IN OFFICE
OR COME SEE US MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH
It seems Winter has finally decided to show up in Charleston, while we may get a few warm days throughout the season the Winter (mild as it may be) can take a harsh toll on your skin. Whether you suffer from a dulling complexion or cracking skin this season Dr. Germain has great tips on how to fight the season’s affects.
– Hydrate your skin from the inside out by drinking lots of water and increasing your intake of Omega 3s (by diet is best, but supplements are also good).
– Cut back on long HOT showers or baths.
– Don’t over exfoliate. While gentle exfoliation, or the use of a Clairisonic cleansing brush is good, many people think using scrubs and harsh exfoliation methods will help get rid of dry skin and flakes- but it actually makes it worse.
– Wash your face 2x a day using cool water, without a wash cloth.
– Use a soap-free cleanser (cream cleansers are best, such as our Germain Rx Restorative Cream Cleanser)
– Moisturize within 3 minutes of cleansing or bathing. Upgrading to a heavier, cream based moisturizer this time of year is also a good idea, or using body oil when getting out of the shower.
Looking for an easy route? Update your skin care routine with the Germain Rx Silk Regimen.
The Silk regimen is great for all skin types and can be used for the entire body. It soothes and moisturizes dehydrated, scaly skin using Vitamins A, C, E, with Co-Q10, Green Tea Extract, and Glycolic Acid. The regimen includes: Germain Rx Skin Smoothing Body Wash, Skin Smoothing Body Lotion, Heel & Elbow Cream and Intensive Hand Cream.
See below for more great tips on ‘Winterizing Your Skin’ from Dr. Germain~
We loved this article from NewBeauty.com on the best ways to ensure you wake up beautiful. Puts a new perspective into getting your ‘Beauty Sleep’, don’t you think?
|Photo by Montagne Jeunesse via SkinnyMuscles.com|
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” ― Henry Ford