Looking for some ways to up your make-up game? See some celebrity tips below, it’s easier than you think.
Primer fills in fine lines and smoothes pores, it also keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. Consider it the key to making your skin makeup-ready.
- Apply Moisturizer First.
- Remember that a little goes a long way.
- Avoid the eye area (you want to use concealer and highlighting here).
- Let primer set for a few minutes before applying foundation.
Pencil, gel or liquid; winged, smudged or clean – the options are plentiful.
- Make sure it is always sharpened to a point.
- Line as close to your lash line as you can (most suggest lining your ‘waterline’).
- Warm tip of pencil in your fingers for smoother application.
- Apply in short strokes.
- Always choose a long wear formula.
- Set the line by pressing eye shadow on top.
- Use and angled brush for creative cat lines and more.
- Use a precision brush for ultra thin lines.
- Great for hooded eyelids or oily skin.
- Clean up mistakes with pointed q-tips.
- Use a thin applicator for easiest use.
*Extra Tip: want to widen your eyes? Skip the black liner and go for a color. Black, like in clothing, narrows your shape.
Not everyone has time to apply false lashes before stepping out the door, nor does everyone have the money for eyelash extensions, so here are some ways to create unbelievable lashes without the hassle or the money.
- Use an eyelash curler. Heat your curler for a few seconds with a blow dryer. Then apply curler to the base of your lash line and hold tightly while rotating your hand upwards- pinch again.
- Apply a THIN layer of powder to the base of your lashes using a small blending brush. This will create a full base for your mascara.
- Apply two coats of mascara to both the top and bottom of your lashes (not your lower lashes). Wait a few minutes then apply another coat.
- Make any touchups with the brush tip or liquid eyeliner for gaps.
Whether you wear it all the time, or just use it to glam up a night on the town there is a definite RIGHT way to apply lip color.
- Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush (baby brushes are great).
- Apply a lip cream or concealer to fill in ridges (Chapstick will make the color wear off much quicker).
- Apply a THIN layer of your foundation over entire lip area- yes you read that right. This acts as a blender for color and a primer.
- Always use a lip liner. Choose a neutral shade or a shade that matches your lipstick.
- Use a Lipbrush to paint your color on, inside the lines.
For more tips visit www.makeup.com
|Bling Eye Shadow Kit
Tis the season for holiday parties. A time to dazzle and shine. So let us help you look your holiday best with Jane Iredale skin care makeup available at Germain Dermatology.
I love Jane’s line because it is a highly-sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments. These crystals overlap each other on the skin to form a filter that allows the skin to breathe and function normally while still protecting it from air-borne pollutants. This makeup also contains a complete physical block from the sun having an SPF of 17 or 20. The staying power of the minerals is so great that they rarely need a touch-up.
One of my favorite Jane Iredale products is
Lip Fixation™. It’s a stain and a gloss packed with botanicals and fortified with the natural plumping properties of ginger root extract and the moisturizing power of avocado oil. These
ultra-hydrating, long-lasting shades will add just the right amount of sparkle to any occasion this holiday season.
So let us help you or someone you love be merry and bright. Schedule a makeup consultation today by calling (843) 881-4440. We also offer gift certificates !!